1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 cup flour (ww pastry, white, spelt, Bob’s gluten-free all work)
2 tbsp rolled oats
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar or 1 packet nunaturals stevia
1/3 cup milk of choice
1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (Omit only if you like the taste of fat-free pancakes)
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet. Mix, but don’t overmix. Cook on an oiled (or sprayed) pan, on low-medium, flipping each pancake once. You can boil some more strawberries (with a bit of sugar if you wish) and smash them to make a compote.
Or top with fresh berries and Healthy Whipped Cream.
* 1 pack lasagna pasta,
* 1 cup soya milk,
* 250g TVP,
* 4 to 5 small onions,
* 1 garlic clove,
* 1 tin tomato sauce,
* 4 fresh tomatoes,
* 400g fresh tofu,
* 100g vegan cheddar cheese (optional),
* 2 tbsp oregano herbs,
* 2 tbsp soy sauce,
* 1 jar green olives,
* 2 tsp black pepper,
* 3 tsp parsley.
• Rehydrate the TVP with soy sauce and hot water.
• Prepare the tomato sauce: chop the onions and garlic. Add them to a frying pan with a bit of oil. As soon as they are golden brown and soft, add the TVP, chopped tomatoes and 1/2 of spices/herbs. After 5 min, add the tomato sauce and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
• Prepare the cheese sauce: Mash or blend the tofu with soya milk and the rest of spices/herbs + 1 tbsp of oil and 3/4 of the vegan cheese.
• In a separate pan, boil water with a bit of salt and oil. Add 3 sheets of lasagna at the time and let them boil for 2min. Prepare a baking pan with a bit of oil and a light layer of tomato sauce. Put the first layer of pasta until the pan is covered. Start alternating the tomato sauce, cheese sauce and a new layer of pasta. Grate the remaining cheese on top of lasagna with a sparkle of parsley and black pepper.
• Preheat the oven at 200C and bake for 35 to 40min or until the top is lightly golden. The lasagna will come out perfectly if you put a bit of love into each step of the preparation. Enjoy.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup filtered water
1/2 tsp minced shallot
1/2 tsp minced garlic clove
1 tbsp organic mild miso paste
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1-2 tbsp minced fresh basil leaves
1. Drain the cashews and place in a food processor along with all the other ingredients, except for the minced basil.
2. Process until smooth and then place in a bowl and stir in minced basil.
Sun-Dried Tomato Spread:
1 1/3 cups Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in filtered water for 20 minutes
1/3 cup soaking liquid from sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp minced capers (optional)
1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
1 tsp raw agave syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
2 cups organic wild rocket
1 pint organic cherry tomatoes (slow roasted in the oven for about an hour while baking crust)
1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
First cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
• handful of broad beans
• 2-3 jerusalem artichokes
• 250 g or a small packet of tofu
• 1 big sweet potato
• handful of unsalted cashew and pine nuts
• 2 tblsp soy sauce
• 2 tblsp sesame oil
• drizzle of honey
• stick of lemon grass
• thumb size piece of ginger
• 1-2 cloves of garlic
1. Toast the pine nuts and cashew nuts in a pan until they start to colour, no oil is needed for this.
2. Chop up the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichokes and pop them on a tray with a drizzle of oil. Bake them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until tender.3. Put ome noodles in a pot of water and cook as per the cooking instructions on the packet.
4. Cook the garlic, ginger and lemon grass in a hot pan at a high heat for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Add the chopped tofu which you can marinade in 2 tbsp of soy, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and a squeeze of honey in advance.
6. Cook the ingredients in the pan for a few minutes before adding in your broad beans.
7. When the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichoke are ready pop them in the pan and mix everything together.
8. Add in your noodles and let them soak up all the juices. Add more soy and sesame oil to taste.
9. Throw the toasted nuts in at the last minute and reserve a few to garnish!
10. Serve and enjoy!