- 3 slices granary bread
- 1 large handful watercress
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- small squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 dessertspoons reduced-fat humus
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Toast the bread.
- Mix the watercress, carrot, lemon juice and olive oil together.
- In a small bowl spread the humus over each slice of toast.
- Top 1 slice with the watercress and carrot salad, sandwich with another slice of toast and top with the tomato.
- Lay the final slice of bread, humus side down, then press down and eat as is or cut the sandwich into quarters.