1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 cup flour (ww pastry, white, spelt, Bob’s gluten-free all work)
2 tbsp rolled oats
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar or 1 packet nunaturals stevia
1/3 cup milk of choice
1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (Omit only if you like the taste of fat-free pancakes)
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet. Mix, but don’t overmix. Cook on an oiled (or sprayed) pan, on low-medium, flipping each pancake once. You can boil some more strawberries (with a bit of sugar if you wish) and smash them to make a compote.
Or top with fresh berries and Healthy Whipped Cream.
• handful of broad beans
• 2-3 jerusalem artichokes
• 250 g or a small packet of tofu
• 1 big sweet potato
• handful of unsalted cashew and pine nuts
• 2 tblsp soy sauce
• 2 tblsp sesame oil
• drizzle of honey
• stick of lemon grass
• thumb size piece of ginger
• 1-2 cloves of garlic
1. Toast the pine nuts and cashew nuts in a pan until they start to colour, no oil is needed for this.
2. Chop up the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichokes and pop them on a tray with a drizzle of oil. Bake them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until tender.3. Put ome noodles in a pot of water and cook as per the cooking instructions on the packet.
4. Cook the garlic, ginger and lemon grass in a hot pan at a high heat for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Add the chopped tofu which you can marinade in 2 tbsp of soy, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and a squeeze of honey in advance.
6. Cook the ingredients in the pan for a few minutes before adding in your broad beans.
7. When the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichoke are ready pop them in the pan and mix everything together.
8. Add in your noodles and let them soak up all the juices. Add more soy and sesame oil to taste.
9. Throw the toasted nuts in at the last minute and reserve a few to garnish!
10. Serve and enjoy!