• 30g /1oz dried mixed mushrooms
• 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut butter
• 6 shallots, quartered
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into wedges
• 400g / 14oz mixed fresh mushrooms, trimmed
• 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 tbsp cornflour
• 1tsp vegetable bouillon stock powder (dairy free)
• 200ml / 7floz Rice Dream, Calcium enriched
• 200g / 7oz cooked and peeled chestnuts, halved
• Handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Soak the dried mushrooms in 400ml hot water for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 3. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole over a low heat, add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the carrots and parsnips and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and stir.
4. Drain the dried mushrooms reserving the soaking liquid. Mix the cornflour with a little of the soaking liquid to form a paste. Add the dried mushrooms to the pan then pour in the soaking liquid, cornflour paste and vegetable bouillon powder. Bring to the boil, season, then cover and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
5. Place the casserole on the hob. Add the Rice Dream and chestnuts and half the parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce.
6. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle over the remaining parsley. Serve with slices of warm bread.
• Calories 270kcal
• Protein 6g
• Carbohydrates 36.6g, of which sugars 11.6g
• Total fat 11g, of which saturates 1.6g
• Salt 0.4g