• handful of broad beans
• 2-3 jerusalem artichokes
• 250 g or a small packet of tofu
• 1 big sweet potato
• handful of unsalted cashew and pine nuts
• 2 tblsp soy sauce
• 2 tblsp sesame oil
• drizzle of honey
• stick of lemon grass
• thumb size piece of ginger
• 1-2 cloves of garlic
1. Toast the pine nuts and cashew nuts in a pan until they start to colour, no oil is needed for this.
2. Chop up the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichokes and pop them on a tray with a drizzle of oil. Bake them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until tender.3. Put ome noodles in a pot of water and cook as per the cooking instructions on the packet.
4. Cook the garlic, ginger and lemon grass in a hot pan at a high heat for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Add the chopped tofu which you can marinade in 2 tbsp of soy, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and a squeeze of honey in advance.
6. Cook the ingredients in the pan for a few minutes before adding in your broad beans.
7. When the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichoke are ready pop them in the pan and mix everything together.
8. Add in your noodles and let them soak up all the juices. Add more soy and sesame oil to taste.
9. Throw the toasted nuts in at the last minute and reserve a few to garnish!
10. Serve and enjoy!
110 g/4 oz plain flour
1 small eggabout 150 ml/1/4 pint milk
sunflower oil, for frying
225 g/8oz smoked salmon slices
225 g/8oz cream cheese
1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
juice of 1/2 lemon
25 g/1 oz baby salad leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
lemon wedges, to serve
2 – 3 tbsps Dalkey Mustard Dressing
To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt, then make a well in the centre. Break the egg into the well and add a little of the milk. Mix the liquid ingredients together, then gradually beat in the flour until smooth. Beat in enough of the remaining milk until you have achieved the consistency of thin cream. Cover with cling film and leave to stand in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Heat a heavy-based frying pan. When hot, brush with the minimum of oil. Pour a small amount of the batter, about a quarter of the mix is right. Swirl it around until it is evenly and thinly spread over the bottom. Cook over a moderate to high heat for about 1 minute or until the edges are curling and the underside is golden. Flip over and cook the second side for 30 seconds or so until golden.
Turn the pancake on to a plate and repeat until you have four pancakes in total, lightly oiling the pan between pancakes. Leave to cool, then using a 5 cm/2 in cutter that is 5 cm/2 in deep stamp out three circles from each pancake.
Using the same cutter, stamp out eight circles from the smoked salmon, then cut the remainder into strips and reserve. Whip the cream cheese in a bowl with the chives and lemon juice. Season to taste.
To serve, line the cutter with cling film and set on a serving plate. Put a pancake round in the bottom of the cutter and add a spoonful of the chive cream cheese. Cover with a layer of the smoked salmon and then add another spoonful of the chive cream cheese. Repeat these layers and finish with a pancake round. Carefully remove the cutter and repeat until you have four in total. Place the salad leaves in a bowl, season and add enough of the dressing to lightly coat the leaves. Add a pile to each plate with the reserved smoked salmon strips. Drizzle around the remaining dressing and garnish with the lemon wedges.
The values of juicing have been recognised for many years not only to enhance good health but to aid in healing when the body is compromised such as during cancer, infact the Gerson Institute advocate the use of juicing during … Continue reading →